Hispanic Center Of Excellence
- To develop a large competitive applicant pool through linkages with institutions of higher education, local school districts, and other community-based entities and establish an educational pipeline for health professions careers.
- To establish, strengthen, or expand programs to enhance the academic performance of URM students attending TTUHSC PLFSOM.
- To train, recruit, and retain URM faculty.
- To improve access to information resources, increase student participation in clinical education experiences, and implement new curricula related to Hispanic health care issues.
- To facilitate faculty and student research on health issues particularly affecting the Hispanic community.
- To carry out a program that trains students of the school in providing health care services to a significant number of URMs at community-based health facilities that provide such health care services and are located at a site away from the main teaching facilities of the school.