Lync 2010 Help and Training
Collect client-side logs in Lync Web App
For advanced troubleshooting of issues with Microsoft Lync Web App communications software, you can have Lync Web App save detailed data about its processes in client-side logs, which you can then share with Microsoft technical support.
- In the Lync Web App main window, click the Options button .
- Under Logging, select the Enable logging check box.
- Click Save Logs.
- Type a file name for your logs, and then click Save.
Tip: The file name can be anything that helps you remember what it is, for example Lync Web App Log mm-dd-yy.log. If you have a customer Service Request (SR) number from technical support, you could name the file SR11111.log.
- In the Options dialog box, click OK.
- Events that occur before you enable logging will not be logged.
- Logs are saved in .log format and can be read with any text editor such as Notepad.
- If you are unexpectedly removed from a meeting and want to collect client-side information about what happened, press Ctrl+Shift+L while you are viewing the exit screen, and then click Save Logs.