Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics
Texas Tech University/Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Undergraduate Biological Sciences Education Program
List of Available Physiology Faculty Mentors for
- Guillermo Altenberg, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor
Structure, function and regulation of normal gap-junctional proteins and mutants that
cause heart disease and deafness.
(806) 743-2531, G.Altenberg@ttuhsc.edu
- Pablo Artigas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Structure based functional studies of Na/K ATPase and bilayer regulation of membrane
(806) 743-3170, Pablo.Artigas@ttuhsc.edu
- John C. Fowler, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Characterization of the acute electrophysiological and biochemical responses of neurons
to cerebral ischemia (stroke) to identify clinical strategies for intervention.
(806) 743-2083, John.Fowler@ttuhsc.edu
- Lan Guan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
High-resolution structure modeling of solute transporters.
(806) 743-3102, Lan.Guan@ttuhsc.edu
- Michaela Jansen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Structure and function studies of ligand-gated ion channels and transporters.
(806) 743-4059, Michaela.Jansen@ttuhsc.edu
- Raul Martínez-Zaguilán, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Regulation of intracellular pH and calcium during angiogenesis (diabetes) and tumorigenesis
(806) 743-2562, Raul.Martinez-Zaguilan@ttuhsc.edu
- Jose Perez-Zoghbi, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
The cellular mechanisms of epithelium-smooth muscle communication in the lung.
(806) 743-2522, Jf.Perez@ttuhsc.edu
- Thomas A. Pressley, Ph.D., Professor
Function and regulation of the sodium-potassium pump and similar ion transporters.
(806) 743-4056, Thomas.Pressley@ttuhsc.edu
- Luis Reuss, M.D., Professor and Chair
Ion and water transport mechanisms; structure and function of gap-junction channels
(806) 743-2627, Luis.Reuss@ttuhsc.edu
- Souad Sennoune, Ph.D., Research Instructor of Physiology
Role of proton pumps in human breast cancer cells with distinct metastatic potential.
(806) 743-2540, Souad.Sennoune@ttuhsc.edu
Last revised: May 21, 2013