Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics
Texas Tech University/Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Center for the Integration of STEM Education & Research
Undergraduate Biological Sciences Education Program
List of Available Physiology Faculty Mentors for
- Guillermo Altenberg, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Chair
Structure, function and regulation of normal gap-junctional proteins and mutants that
cause heart disease and deafness.
(806) 743-2531, G.Altenberg@ttuhsc.edu
- Pablo Artigas, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Structure based functional studies of Na/K ATPase and bilayer regulation of membrane
(806) 743-3170, Pablo.Artigas@ttuhsc.edu
- Luis Cuello, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Structure-function studies of voltage-gated K+ channels.
(806) 743-2525, Luis.Cuello@ttuhsc.edu
- Lan Guan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
High-resolution structure modeling of solute transporters.
(806) 743-3102, Lan.Guan@ttuhsc.edu
- Michaela Jansen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Structure and function studies of ligand-gated ion channels and transporters.
(806) 743-4059, Michaela.Jansen@ttuhsc.edu
- Raul Martínez-Zaguilán, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Regulation of intracellular pH and calcium during angiogenesis (diabetes) and tumorigenesis
(806) 743-2562, Raul.Martinez-Zaguilan@ttuhsc.edu
- Jose Perez-Zoghbi, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
The cellular mechanisms of epithelium-smooth muscle communication in the lung.
(806) 743-2522, Jose.Perez-Zoghbi@ttuhsc.edu
Last revised: October 24, 2014