The Stork's Nest offers free services to expecting mothers. Services include distribution of educational materials and classes for women before, during and after pregnancy. It is a national collaborative program between the TTUHSC SON, LCCHWC, March of Dimes and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Stork's Nest Goals
- Educate women about having a healthy pregnancy
- Educate women in prenatal care
- Create a supportive environment that promotes healthy behaviors
- Help participants overcome barriers to care and become assertive and informed consumers of prenatal care services.
Stork's Nest Offers
- List of prenatal care providers
- Contact information for Medicaid and WIC
- Information and referrals given to other community resources in order to enhance the physical and emotional well-being of participant.
- Prenatal classes offered
- Pregnancy test - free
5 Briercroft Office Park
Lubbock, TX 79412