TTUHSC HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2014 - 2015 (See Separate Schedule for El Paso)
- Sep 1 / Monday / Labor Day
- Nov 27 / Thursday / Thanksgiving Day
- Nov 28 / Friday / Thanksgiving
- Dec 24 / Wednesday / Christmas Eve
- Dec 25 / Thursday / Christmas Day
- Dec 26 / Friday / Christmas
- Dec 31 / Wednesday / New Year’s Eve
- Jan 1 / Thursday / New Year’s Day
- Jan 19 / Monday / Martin Luther King Day
- Mar 20 / Friday / Spring Holiday
- May 25 / Monday / Memorial Day
- July 3 / Friday / Independence Day
TOTAL ALLOWABLE HOLIDAYS 12
NOTE: State law provides for 17 state holidays. In FY 2015, one (1) state holiday falls on a weekend and one (1) falls on the same date as a national holiday. The appropriations bill disallows state holidays occurring on weekends. Therefore, the state will observe fifteen (15) holidays in FY 2015, which is the same as FY 2014. TTUHSC will observe 12 holidays.
An additional 3 days of holiday entitlement will be accrued at the rate of two hours per month.
State employees are entitled to observe the holidays of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Good Friday and Cesar Chavez Day in lieu of any holiday(s) on which the institution is required to be open and staffed to conduct business.
return to main page