Last Days for Annual Enrollment!!
Attention All Benefit Eligible Employees: Annual Enrollment for Plan Year 2015 is July 14 through July 27, 2014. During this time you can change your benefits and enroll eligible dependents for coverage effective September 1st.
Watch your home mail for your Personal Benefits Enrollment Statement which shows your current enrollment in the state plans and cost for you as of September 1, 2014. Please carefully review your statement and the informational inserts. Your coverage will continue unless you make a change during Annual Enrollment. To make any changes to your insurances, sign on to your account at www.ers.state.tx.us or contact your Benefits office.
TexFlex: If you are already enrolled in a TexFlex account, you are automatically enrolled for the same contribution for next year unless you make a change. To make any kind of change to your TexFlex accounts you must log on to your account at www.ers.state.tx.us or contact your Benefits office.
For more information go to the ERS website at http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Employees/Annual-Enrollment/ or call ERS Customer Service at 866-399-6908 during the enrollment period Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 7:00 pm CT, or your local Benefits Office can also help with any changes or answer any questions for you.
Changes effective September 1, 2014, see the Employee Guide insert in your mailing for details:
return to main page
- A new dental option: State of Texas Dental Discount Plan
- The State of Texas Dental Choice Plan has enhanced its benefits: once the $1,500 annual maximum is reached, the plan will pay 40% of covered expenses.
- Copayments for generic medications have been reduced.
- Effective September 1, 2015, you can carry over a maximum of $500 from the previous year’s TexFlex health care funds into the new plan year. There will no longer be a grace period for using health care funds after November 15, 2014. If you plan to continue or enroll in a TexFlex health care account, please adjust your contributions as needed during this Annual Enrollment period.
- Due to nationwide increases in health care costs, health insurance premiums will increase on September 1, 2014 approximately 6.9%.