President's Student Scholar in Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Executive Council of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) invite students to apply for the President's Student Scholar in Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice scholarship which will be awarded in the spring of 2013. The purpose of the scholarship is to develop a cadre of students from Allied Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Graduate Biomedical Sciences who are committed to interprofessional education and actively engaged in collaborative projects and practice. The scholarship program will provide students an opportunity to lead interprofessional activities beyond those offered in their academic curriculum.
• A total of five (5) scholarships will be offered, one from each school (Allied Health Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy).
• Selection will be based on an application that includes an essay.
• Confirmation of the minimum requirements will be verified by each school.
• All essays will be blind reviewed by both a school representative and an interprofessional committee designated by the President of TTUHSC.
• Once the blind review is completed and tabulated, a meeting (with school representative and the interprofessional committee present) will be held to discuss the results and select best candidates.
• Recommendation from the above meeting will be submitted to the President’s Office for final selection.
• Scholarships are awarded based on specific criteria and available funds.
• TTUHSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant will be discriminated against because of race, creed, religion, disability, sex, national origin or sexual orientation, during the course of education or employment at this institution.
Students from all campuses are invited to apply!
Please visit the QEP web site below for application guidelines and details.
Email Application to:
return to main page
Dr. Sharon Decker, QEP Director