International Programs Approval Process
The following information outlines the approval process for students interested in participating in a TTUHSC international program at an approved teaching hospital/institution or through an approved health related organization.
Remember:The application/approval process must begin at the school level. Students should discuss their program choice with their school and contact their school for application guidelines and due dates.
- After you've discussed your program with your school, please contact OIA to begin the approval process. OIA is involved in the approval process in these instances to ensure the institution, university, or organization abroad meets the safety & security criteria put in place by TTUHSC. Please be aware that the approval process requires 4-6 weeks.
- OIA will send you a program request worksheet via e-mail. You must complete the worksheet and return it to OIA. All items on the worksheet must be completed or the worksheet will be returned to you.
- Once OIA receives the completed worksheet, the worksheet will be reviewed and a decision regarding approval of your program will be made.
- If the program is approved by OIA, the program request worksheet will be forwarded to the dean of your school and the Vice President for Academic Affairs for approval.
- OIA will contact you when the approval process has been completed. Some organizations require that their own application and approval process be completed in addition to TTUHSC's. You should not start this process until you have been informed by OIA that your program request has been approved.
Click here to view the pre-departure requirements that must be met prior to participation in an international program.
Click here to learn more about the funding sources available through OIA.