Welcome to the Clinical Research Institute (CRI)
Promoting Patient-Orientated Research is one of the driving factors of the TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute. The Institute was established in October 2010 with the assigned mission to facilitate the conduct of clinical, epidemiological, and educational research by TTUHSC faculty.
Our vision is improve the quality of healthcare in Texas through clinical, epidemiologic, and educational research activities; provide formalized clinical research education; promote studies involving multi-school interactivity; and obtain epidemiologic information critical to understanding health problems in our region.
Want to help in the advancement of science? Learn how you can make a difference by volunteering in a clinical research study.
- In order to provide adequate support for your study, the CRI requires you to submit a Semi-Annual Report Form every June and December. The study PI will receive an email and a reminder from the CRI before this report is due.
- Deadline for the next IRB submission is: December 4, 2013
- The Clinical Research Institute has expanded our services to the Permian Basin Campus effective October 16, 2012. With this expansion, CRI will be able to better assist the faculty, residents, and staff on the Permian Basin Campus with their research efforts and education programs. We are pleased to announce the addition of the following staff at the Permian Basin Campus: Eva Santiago, Courtney Woody, and Jennifer Hinojosa,.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is proposing changes to the regulations governing federally-funded research which will in practice apply to all clinical research. These are aimed at improving the protection of human subjects participating in clinical research while facilitating valuable research and reducing burden, delay and ambiguity for investigators.
- Contributions to a study by CRI staff should be recognized using the acknowledgment and authorship criteria on the website of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.