Committee Members for the TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute (CRI)
Steven L. Berk, MD
Executive Vice President and Provost
Tom Tenner, PhD
SOM Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Development
Cathy Lovett, RN, MSN, CCRP, CCRC
Managing Director of the CRI
T: 806.743.4222 ext 222
Patrick Tarwater, PhD
Foster SOM El Paso Campus-Chief of the Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Sharon Decker, RN, CS, PhD, CCRN
F. Marie Hall SimLife Center-Director of Clinical Simulations
Rajinder Koul, PhD, CCC-SLP
School of Allied Health-Associate Dean of Research
Alyce Ashcraft, RN, PhD, CNE, ANEF
School of Nursing-Associate Academic Dean for Research
Richard Leff, PharmD
Dallas Campus-School of Pharmacy-Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical/Translational Research
V. Daniel Castracane, PhD
Permian Basin Campus - Clinical Research Director
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Evaluate CRI function and make recommendations.
- Make recommendations related to CRI Policy.
- Review submitted investigator-initiated protocols: approve or make suggestions for revision.
- Review submitted industry-sponsored trials: recommend proceeding with or refusing trial.
- Review progress of ongoing projects and recommend changes when needed.