Committee Members for the TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute (CRI)
Tedd Mitchell, MD
Steven L. Berk, MD
Executive Vice President and Provost
Lorenz O. Lutherer, MD, PhD
Executive Director of the CRI
T: 806.743.4222 ext 230
Tom Tenner, PhD
SOM Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Development
Cathy Lovett, RN, MSN, CCRP, CCRC
Managing Director of the CRI
T: 806.743.4222 ext 222
Patrick Tarwater, PhD
Foster SOM El Paso Campus-Chief of the Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Sharon Decker, RN, CS, PhD, CCRN
F. Marie Hall SimLife Center-Director of Clinical Simulations
Rajinder Koul, PhD, CCC-SLP
School of Allied Health-Associate Dean of Research
Sharmila Dissanaike, MD
Assistant Professor School of Medicine-Dept. of Surgery
Alyce Ashcraft, RN, PhD, CNE, ANEF
School of Nursing-Associate Academic Dean for Research
Charles Seifert, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
School of Pharmacy-Regional Dean, Adult Medicine Division, Lubbock
Jamal Islam, MD
Permian Basin Campus - Associate Professor and Research Director
Family and Community Medicine
Craig Spellman, PhD, DO
Permian Basin Campus - Professor and Associate Dean Research
- Evaluate CRI function and make recommendations.
- Make recommendations related to CRI Policy.
- Review submitted investigator-initiated protocols: approve or make suggestions for revision.
- Review submitted industry-sponsored trials: recommend proceeding with or refusing trial.
- Review progress of ongoing projects and recommend changes when needed.