The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Community Medical School offers on-demand videos of previous classes. After every semester, you can visit this page to review lectures or catch ones that you weren't able to attend.
- [2014-05-20] "Aging Productively: Working at Wellness"
Nathan Burgess, PT, MPT, NCS, Assistant Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program; Kathryn Panasci, PT, DPT, CBIS, Assistant Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- [2014-04-15] "Treatment and Forensics Involved in Sexual Assault"
Carrie Edwards, RN,Ph.D.,CA/CP, SANE, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- [2014-03-18] "Spot Check: Skin Cancer Prevention, Detection and Treatment"
Michelle Tarbox, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology
- [2014-02-18] "What is Public Health? And what does it have to do with my mattress?
Theresa Byrd, DrPH, RN, Chair and Associate Dean of the Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- [2014-01-21] "Improving Medication Adherence and Decreasing Risk of Polypharmacy"
Eric J. MacLaughlin, PharmD, FASHP, FCCP, BCPS, Professor and Interim Chair for the Department of Pharmacy Practice, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo
- [2013-12-17] "Slips and Trips: Fall Risk Identification and Prevention"
Steven Zupancic, Au.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Audiology, School of Allied Health Sciences
- [2013-11-19]"The Role of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses: What are Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and How They Can Impact Your Health"Emily Merrill, Ph.D, R.N, FNP, BC, CNE, FAANP, Professor and Department Chair for Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwifery Studies
- [2013-10-15] "Trouble on Your Hands: The Story of Semmelweis, Handwashing, and Infectious Disease"
Steven L. Berk, MD, Provost for TTUHSC and Academic Dean, School of Medicine
- No classes were held during 2012-13 academic year.
- [2011-11-08] “Dizziness and Falling” The Neurological Challenges of Maintaining an Upright Position Against Earth’s Force of Gravity"
John De Toledo, MD, Chairman Dept. of Neurology
- [2011-11-01] “How Technology Aids in the Battle Against Breast Cancer”
Candy Arentz, MD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Surgery
- [2011-10-25] “All About You: Transitioning to Electronic Medical Records”
Craig Bradley, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, School of Medicine
- [2011-10-18] “Current Concepts in Total Joint Arthroplasty as a Treatment Alternative for Degenerative Arthritis in the Adult”
George Brindley, MD, Professor Dept. of Orthopedics
- [2011-10-11] “Matters of the Heart: Coronary Heart Disease”
Ashwani Kumar, MD. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Internal Medicine
- [2011-10-04] “Beyond the Scalpel: The Impact of Advanced Technologies on the Future of Surgery”
John Griswold, MD, Professor and Chairman, Dept. of Surgery; Dixon Santana, MD, Associate Professor,Dept. of Surgery; Larry Whitcomb, MD,Associate Professor, Dept. of Surgery
- [2011-09-27] “Academic Health Centers: Honoring the Past, Excelling in the Present, and Shaping the Future Practice of Innovative Medicine”
Tedd Mitchell, MD President, TTUHSC; R. Michael Ragain, MD; Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, UMC
- [2010-10-19] Steak, Eggs, and Sunshine: Update on Protein,Cholesterol, & Vitamin D
- Katherine Chauncey, Ph.D., R.D.,Professor Department of Family & Community Medicine
- [2010-10-12] Allergies: An Ounce of prevention
- Suzanne Beck, M.D., Clinical Associate Professor Department of Pediatrics
- [2010-10-05] How to Stay Healthy as we Age
- Andrew N. Dentino, M.D., Professor Department of Family & Community Medicine
- [2010-09-28] Keeping the Girls Healthy:Prevention & Early Detection Benefits for Breast Cancer
- Candy Arentz, M.D, Assistant Professor Department of Surgery
- [2010-09-21] Exercise is Medicine
- Tedd L. Mitchell, M.D., President TTUHSC
- [2010-04-13] Trauma 1 --- 1 Team, 1 Goal
- John Griswold, M.D., School of Medicine
- [2010-04-06] How Patients Participate in Patient Safety
- Rodney (Rod) Hicks, Ph.D., R.N., FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN,; UMC Health System Endowed Chair for Patient Safety
- [2010-03-30] The Wide World of Sports Injuries
- Jennifer J. Mitchell, M.D., FAAFP, Associate Professor, Sports Medicine Fellowship Director, Texas Tech Department of Family Medicine
- [2010-03-23] Is Spirituality/Religion good for your Health?
- Thomas McGovern, Ed.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine
- [2010-03-09] Childhood Blues or Something More?
- Valerie Robinson, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine
- [2010-03-02] Before you Travel, TravelMed
- Ron Warner, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Director, TravelMed Clinic; Director, Preventive Medicine Division; Department of Family and Community Medicine
- [2010-02-23] Dying Well
- Tommy Farrell, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine
- [2010-02-16] Skin Care: What You Need to Know Now
- Jennifer Smith, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine
- [2009-10-27] Emerging Health Issues in West Texas
- Billy U. Philips, Jr., Ph.D., M.P.H., Vice President and Director, The F. Marie Hall Institute for Rural and Community Health
- [2009-10-20] You did WHAT? Examining the world of tattooing and body piercing
- Myrna L. Armstrong Ed.D., RN, FAAN, Professor and Regional Dean, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Anita Thigpen Perry School of Nursing at Highland Lakes
- [2009-10-13] What’s New Girlfriend? Recent Research in Women’s Health
- Betsy Goebel Jones, Ed.D., Associate Professor & Research Director, Department of Family & Community Medicine Regional Chair, Laura W. Bush Institute for Women’s Health
- [2009-10-06] Bioethics
- Edmund D. Pellegrino, M.D., Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Medical Ethics and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University School of Medicine
- [2009-09-29] Retina Update: Macular Degeneration & Diabetic Eye Disease
- Kelly Mitchell, M.D., Assistant Professor Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- [2009-09-22] Right Brain-Left Brain. The Biology of Hemispheric Dominance
- John C. DeToledo, M.D., Professor and Chair Department of Neurology
- [2009-09-15] Preparing for the Influenza Pandemic: How Science and History Can Save Us
- Steven L. Berk, M.D., Vice President for Medical Affairs and Dean, School of Medicine
- [2009-09-08] Gateway to the Body: Impact of Oral Infections on Overall Health
- Dominick DePaola, D.D.S., Ph.D., Academic Dean, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- [2009-03-31] Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine: "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology"
- Simon Williams, Ph.D., Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry
- [2009-03-10] Bugs and Drugs
- Rick Lampe, M.D., Department of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases
- [2009-03-03] Snoring: To Sleep or Not, that's the Question?
- Joe Cordero, M.D., Department of Surgery
- [2009-02-24] Eating, drinking and Other Strategies to Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
- Paula Grammas, Ph.D., Garrison Institute for Aging
- [2009-02-17] Is it Aging? Or is it Menopause?
- Carol K. Felton, M.D., Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- [2009-02-10] FED UP! The Epidemic of Childhood Obesity
- Patti Patterson, M.D., Department of Pediatrics
- [2009-02-03] Allergies: Nothing to Sneeze About!
- Suzanne Beck, M.D., Department of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology
- [2008-10-28] You and Your Medications
- Charles Seifert, Pharm. D., Regional Dean, School of Pharmacy Lubbock
- [2008-10-21] The Prostate: When Bigger Isn't Better
- Bernhard Mittemeyer, M.D., Department of Urology
- [2008-10-14] Alternative and Complementary Health Practices
- Mary Anne Hanley, Ph.D., School of Nursing
- [2008-10-07] On the Cutting Edge...Minimally Invasive Surgery
- John Griswold, M.D., Chair Department of Surgery
- [2008-09-30] Explaining the Mystery of Biomedical Research
- Douglass Stocco, Ph.D., Executive Vice President for Research
- [2008-09-23] Pregnancy 101: So You Want to Have a Baby? It Seems so Easy!
- Robert Casanova, M.D., Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- [2008-09-16] Not so Gross Anatomy
- Bernell Dalley, Ph.D., Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry