Frequently Asked Questions for Switchboard Operators
- Where can I access the El Paso TTUHSC Directory?
Please go to the following link: https://aws02.ttuhsc.edu/phonedirectory/
- How do I make changes to my information on the TTU Online Campus Directory?
- How can I get a hold of the Help Desk?
Call (915) 545-6800
- How do I submit a work order request for the Help Desk?
Please go to the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/it/stars/
- How do I connect to Recruitment?
Each department has their own recruitment program.
- How do I connect to Internship?
Call (915) 545-5760
- Are there any hotels close to TTUHSC in the area?
Please go to the following link: http://www.therealplaces.com/hotels-near-Texas-Tech-University-Health/88556
- How do I file a patient complaint?
Contact the clinic managers to address the issue and if there is no resolution then you may contact Clinical Affairs at (915) 545-5750
- How do I connect with the University Medical Center (UMC) or previously Thomason General Hospital?
Call the Operator at (915) 544-1200 or go the following website: http://www.umcelpaso.org/
- How do I connect with El Paso Children’s Hospital?
Call the Operator at (915) 298-5444 or go to the following link: http://elpasochildrens.org/
- Where can I call for questions on patient billing?
For any questions on patient billing please call (915) 594-3570, option #6 or go to the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/mpip/
- Where could I find Sports Medicine?
Sports Medicine can be found in the Family Medicine Clinic at the Kenworthy (the Northeast Campus) or go to the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/family/
- Where do I schedule a Bone Density Study?
W Bone Density Studies are conducted in the Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinic. Please call (915) 545-6730 to schedule an appointment or go to the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/obgyn/faculty.aspx
- When the IT Help Desk is unavailable, who else can I talk to about my issue?
Access the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/it/stars/ and submit a work order request.
- How do I obtain information on the clinical locations?
Please go to the following link: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/elpaso/clinicinformation.aspx to obtain information on the locations to the following TTUHSC Clinics: (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neonatology, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology, and Surgery), Texas Tech Physicians Associate Centers, & Family Medicine Center- Northeast.
- How do I request a pager?
A Pager Request Form must be filled out and turned into the Help Desk (915)545-6800. The Help Desk is currently located in the AEC Library.
You may refer to the Pager Request Form for the cost of the service. The price depends on the type of service requested. There is no cost for the device; however, the cost for a misplaced or stolen pager is $69.00. Please email: ELP.HelpDesk@ttuhsc.edu if you require assistance.