|Information Services Section|
Main Phone number:
Application Support number:
*Emergency Contact number:
Administrative Support Building (ASB) Room 1225
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
*After hours and weekend support for systems maintenance and emergency support related to information systems.
Database Support is responsible for upgrade, administration, migration and maintenance of databases primarily Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle databases related to information services applications. It also includes the administration of web servers and deployment release of systems from development / test environments into production.
- Development of project plans for application design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Evaluation of application solutions that support strategic initiatives and goals.
- Analyze departmental needs in order to design, develop, implement, and support applications.
- Efforts to analyze, review, and modify existing software to increase operating efficiency, adapt to new requirements, and repair application errors.
- Works independently to perform systems analysis, develop, and review programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor supplied upgrades.
- High interaction with TTUHSC at El Paso IT leadership group.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- LMS Blackboard Learn
- Curriculum Management System iLios
- Web Entry Environments
- Production Deployments
- IT Migration Systems
- Information Services Infrastructure
Web Server Administration
Web Server Administration (Install, configure, migrations, tuning, reporting, and day to day operations monitoring and support).
- Monitors the web servers for issues with disk space, CPU usage, memory problems or other issues that may impact the end-users.
- Works with Application Development Organizations and various internal teams during application deployments.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web application revision.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Reinforce deployment policies for production environment.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers verbally.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
- Maintaining archived data.
- Backing up and restoring databases.
- Contacting database vendor for technical support.
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.