Clinical Support Systems
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I'm a new TTUHSC employee, what is the process to obtain EMR Training?
Ask your manager if EMR training will be a requirement for you. Your Department's Administrator should proceed by submitting a request for training to El Paso EMR On-line Request.
2. What are the requirements to obtain EMR Training?
You need to be a TTUHSC Employee. HIPPA and Billing Compliance training sessions are no longer required at the time of training; however, they need to be completed within 30 days of the employee start date. Failure to complete those training session sill result in the deactivation of CSS Access.
3. Which clinics are currently using EMR?
Family Medicine, OBGYN, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Orthopedics. The system has also has been implemented in all TTUHSC's remote sites. These include: Socorro Community Partnership, Pediatrics East and Montwood, and SWEC.
4. If I already received EMR training and I haven't used it in a long period of time, do I need to get the full training again?
CSS Department offers refresher courses for those employees that have been previously trained. Please ask your department manager to request a refresher course by submitting a request to El Paso EMR On-line Request.
5. How do I reset my password?
You can contact the CSS Department at 915.215.4020
6. If I leave the institution and I have access to EMR, what is the process to terminate my access?
You will be required to stop by our office during your sign out process. You will be required to sign out pending notes before EMR access is removed.
7. For immediate support, where should I call?
For immediate assistance, please contact us at (915) 215.4020. For other non critical issues please contact us via e-mail at ElPasoEMR@ttuhsc.edu.
8. If I have questions in regards to reporting, templates, notes related issues, etc., who should I contact?
Please contact our department via e-mail at ElPasoEMR@ttuhsc.edu. If a change is needed in the content it needs to be submitted for review and approval to the department Physician Champion. He/she will be responsible to submit the change to us.