News & Announcements
Texas Tech Faculty Honored at Recognition Banquet
The second annual Faculty Recognition Banquet "Spotlight on Stars," held at the El Paso Country Club recently, recognized new faculty, newly board certified faculty, achievement in research, faculty who completed the faculty development course, promotions, as well as other faculty honors throughout the year.
C. Antonio Jesurun, M.D., Pediatrics, served as Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Special recognition was given to the following faculty and faculty associates:
- Christine Brandl, M.D. -- Medical Student Senate, "Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award
- Jim Hastings -- 2004 Award for Excellence for Border HETC's
- Hoi Ho, M.D. -- President's Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004
- Kathryn Horn, M.D. -- Medical Students, Class of 2004, Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award
- William Sullivan, M.D. -- Medical Students, Class of 2004, Lifetime Faculty Teaching Award
- C. Antonio Jesurun, M.D. -- Vista Hills Optimist Club, Health Care Provider of the Year Award
The following faculty were promoted:
- Phool Chandra, M.D. -- professor of Anesthesiology
- Robert A. Christenson, M.D. – associate professor of Anesthesiology
- Oscar Noriega, M.D. -- associate professor of Family Medicine
- Pratibha Shirsat, M.D. -- associate professor of Pediatrics
- Suresh Antony, M.D. -- clinical professor of Internal Medicine
- Stanislaus Ting, M.D. -- clinical professor of Pediatrics
- Winston Warme, M.D. -- clinical associate professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
There was a tie for the Faculty of the Year Award with Gilbert Handal, M.D., Pediatrics, and Pratibha Shirsat, M.D., Pediatrics, both receiving the honors.