BSN Undergraduate Program
The TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing offers unique opportunities for students who are not registered nurses to receive the latest state-of-the-art nursing education. The combination of classroom and hands-on learning using patient simulators and hospital settings provides students the ability to learn skills using the most current technology. While benefiting from the expertise of outstanding faculty and the opportunity to work with other health care professionals, students receive an education that prepares them to be nursing leaders.
El Paso students: Upon completion of prerequisite courses, the BSN degree plan can be completed in four consecutive semesters/16 months or 63 semester credit hours. El Paso courses are taught in a classroom setting and online.
Current tuition information may be received by visiting www.ttuhsc.edu/son/prospective/fees.aspx or contacting the Bursar's Office from 8:30am-4pm CST at 806-743-7867. The estimated cost of the program can be found by going to our school catalog under financial information. Additional course fees will apply.
Applicants interested in applying for financial aid (student loans, grants, scholarships) upon admittance to the TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing must complete a Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. The TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing requires a FAFSA on file to be eligible for scholarships offered by the school.
Financial aid (student loans, grants, scholarships) are available upon admittance to the TTUHSC Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing. Additional information may be found at the Financial Aid Office website at www.ttuhsc.edu/financialaid.
ALERT: TEAS Test V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is now required for all students applying to the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing in El Paso!
All applicants should complete the Test of Essential and Academic Skills Five (TEAS V) - (Offered by Assessment Technologies, Inc.). Please follow these steps:
1. Log onto the ATI website. Create a profile.
2. Under Institution, select “TX Tech U El Paso BSN” – NOTE: TTUHSC GGHSON Admissions staff will not be able to access your scores unless you select TX Tech U El Paso BSN!
3. Select date, time, and location of test date. NOTE: TEAS V exam MUST be taken before February 1, 2014!
4. Exam scores are good for one year. TEAS V Exam taken before February 1, 2012 will not be accepted.
5. There is no minimum score requirement, however the score will be used to compare and rank students against other applicants.
For questions concerning the TEAS V exam score, please contact ATI directly at 1-800-667-7531.