BSN Undergraduate Program
All applicants will be reviewed in an individual and holistic manner. No single factor will determine a student's admission. Although academic criteria (cumulative GPA, grades earned in science courses, and failed/repeated courses) is an important factor in admission consideration, additional
non-academic information is also important.
|Academic Admission Considerations||Non-Academic Admission Considerations|
All applicants who receive offers of admission will be required to consent to a criminal background check. A history of criminal conduct or convictions may result in withdrawal of the admission offer. See "Criminal Background Checks" section of the School of Nursing Student Handbook for the School policy.
In addition, the Board of Nurse Examiners has identified certain circumstances that may render a potential candidate ineligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas. See "Eligibility to Take NCLEX-RN Examination" section of the School of Nursing Catalog or access the BNE website: www.bon.state.tx.us for declaratory order information.
ALERT: TEAS Test V (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is now required for all students applying to the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing in El Paso!
All applicants should complete the Test of Essential and Academic Skills Five (TEAS V) - (Offered by Assessment Technologies, Inc.). Please follow these steps:
1. Log onto the ATI website. Create a profile.
2. Under Institution, select “TX Tech U El Paso BSN” – NOTE: TTUHSC GGHSON Admissions staff will not be able to access your scores unless you select TX Tech U El Paso BSN!
3. Select date, time, and location of test date. NOTE: TEAS V exam MUST be taken before February 1, 2014!
4. Exam scores are good for one year. TEAS V Exam taken before February 1, 2012 will not be accepted.
5. There is no minimum score requirement, however the score will be used to compare and rank students against other applicants.
For questions concerning the TEAS V exam score, please contact ATI directly at 1-800-667-7531.