Second Degree BSN Undergraduate Program
Our prerequisites will change beginning with the spring 2013 application. Additional courses could be required for admissions. A second Bachelor's degree sought by a student who did not graduate from a public Texas university must include the required core curriculum.
|ENGL 1301||English I||3|
|ENGL 1302||English II||3|
|HIST 1301||History of the US to 1877||3|
|HIST 1302||History of the US since 1877||3|
|POLS 1301 or 2305||American Govt Organization||3|
|POLS 2302 or 2306||American Public Policy||3|
|PSYC 2314||Lifespan Human Development||3|
|BIOL 1322||Science of Nutrition||3|
|Literature, Philosophy, Language, etc.||Humanities||3|
|Art, Music, Drama, Theater, etc.||Visual & Perfroming Arts||3|
|BIOL 2420 or 2421||Microbiology with Lab||4|
|BIOL 2401||Anatomy & Physiology I w/ lab||4|
|BIOL 2402||Anatomy & Physiology II w/ lab||4|
|CHEM 1305 or 1406||Chemistry with lab||4|
Additional prerequisites include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Basic life support and AED training (CPR)
- Completion of a C.N.A. program (certified nursing assistant/nurse's aide) - C.N.A. must be complete by application closing date
- Completion of a medical terminology course
- Completion of TEAS V (The Test of Essential Academic Skills) - TEAS V scores are due by the application close date.
- A 3.0 minimum required pre-requisite GPA and science GPA by application close date and program start date
Where can I take general education courses?
Any accredited community college or institution of higher education that provides comparable courses. The Second Degree Coordinator in the Office of Student Affairs can help you with particular course questions.
Courses provided from other institutions with equivalent course content are acceptable for transfer credit if a "C" or better was earned. Note: Pass/Fail courses are not acceptable for transfer. Maximum credits allowed for CLEP or correspondence courses are 15 each.
If any of the pre-requisites have been or will be CLEPPED you will not receive credit towards the GPA we calculate. Clep credit must be on an official college transcript for us to accept it.