General Disclosures (668.42) and Consumer Information
Basic Financial Aid Information 668.42
- Information related to the financial aid programs offered by the TTUHSC is available;
online, in this document and on the institutions website.
- Employees are available to assist prospective students, current students, past students
and their families during regular office hours; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through
Friday (central time zone). An office email account is also active that allows students
to submit questions at any time. The questions are answered during regular business
- Information related to the application process for financial aid by the TTUHSC is
available; online, in this document and on the institutions website.
- Information related to general schools and programs of study by the TTUHSC is available;
online and on the institutions websites.
Pell Grant Recipients through the years.
General School Information 668.43 - Information related to general schools and programs
of study by the TTUHSC is available; online and on the institutions websites.C.
Net Price Calculator – (485(a)) – TTUHSC does not enroll First-Time, First-Year
students. As such, this regulation is not applicable.D.
College Navigator Website – TTUHSC completes the IPEDS report information. This
information is used by the U.S. Department of Education to populate the College Navigator
Website. Because TTUHSC does not enroll First-Time, First-Year students the data and
website functionality is very limited.E.
Designated employees for providing information related to disclosures
- Financial Aid Information
- Academic programs, general school information, specific school information
- Student services information – Student Services Staff
- Clery Act information - Student Services Staff / Police Department
- FERPA information – Registrar's Office Staff / Student Services Staff
Admission Policies - www.ttuhsc.edu/students/prospective/application.aspxG.
Definition of a Credit Hour
- TTUHSC defines a credit hour as every course taught is designated a total number of
credit hours, reflecting approximately the total hours a student spends per week in
class. A student who is enrolled for 12 or more credit hours per semester is considered
a full-time student; one enrolled for fewer than 12 hours is considered a part-time
Gainful Employment – Currently TTUHSC has two certificate programs that receive
consideration for Gainful Employment requirements.
- These programs are:
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post Masters) – This program is not eligible for federal
financial aid. As such, the institutional gainful employment reporting is not required.
- Clinical Lab Sciences Certificate (Bachelors) – The reporting of Gainful Employment
information is maintained by the School of Health Professions.
- The websites for these programs are maintained by each of the applicable schools and
- The applicable program(s) requirements require reporting the following information
on their websites: Note: The responsibility of this reporting is administered with
the graduate school, institutional research, and provost offices:
- specific jobs program is designed for:
- graduate success rates;
- time to graduate;
- total cost of program; and
- loan debt incurred.
- NSLDS/Clearinghouse reporting for these students is coordinated by the Registrar's
Office and utilizes data from the Financial Aid Office and Student Business Services.
Disbursement – the process of moving financial aid dollars to student's tuition
and fee accounts.
- Disbursing funds - TTUHSC utilizes the SunGard Higher Education - Banner Student Information
System. Disbursement records are submitted to Student Business Services via the system
for approval and processing. Disbursements begin processing no earlier than ten days
before the beginning of terms / semesters. The disbursement process continues, no
less than weekly, throughout each term/semester.
- Refunding excess payments - Once funds are disbursed to student's tuition and fee
accounts, any excess (credit balance) is refunded to the student. This is done by
ACH (automated clearinghouse – direct deposit) or paper check.
Refund Policies - www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/busserv/bursar/
(student financial information)
- Students that withdraw from TTUHSC may be eligible for a partial refund of tuition
and fees paid for that semester. If a student receives financial assistance, then
a portion of the assistance may need to be returned to the scholarship, grant, or
loan source from which that assistance was received.
- The Federal Formula is applicable to any students receiving federal aid, if students
withdraw on or before the 60% point in the semester. The percentage of the refund
is equal to the number of calendar days remaining in the semester divided by the number
of calendar days in the semester. The Federal Formula will be used for students receiving
the following: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant,
Federal Student Loan or PLUS loan.
- Any students who fail to complete each of the steps of the withdrawal procedure and/or
follow the proper check out procedures to officially withdraw from a class or from
the university will receive a grade of "F" in all classes. Students receiving financial
assistance who withdraw from the university may be in danger of immediate repayment
or collections of student loans / financial aid.
- Institutional / State Refund Policy - www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/busserv/bursar/
- Federal Refund Policy - R2T4 - www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/busserv/bursar/
Student Withdrawal Procedures – Each school provides specific steps related to withdrawing
from the universityL.
Course Drops and Withdrawal Policies - www.ttuhsc.edu/registrar/documents/CourseWithdraw.pdfM.
Student Leave of Absence Policies are specific for each school.N.
State Authorization – New regulations require each state provide authorization to
TTUHSC for students taking distance education courses while the student is physically
located in the other state. This is an ongoing effort being spearheaded by the Senior
Vice President of Academic Affairs and coordinated with the Registrar's, Student Business
Services and Financial Aid Offices.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Your Rights:
- To know what financial aid programs are available at TTUHSC.
- To know the deadlines for submitting the appropriate applications for each financial
aid program that is available.
- To know how your financial need was determined, including, how various expenses in
your budget are considered.
- To know what resources are considered in the calculation of your award.
- To request an explanation of the programs in your financial aid package.
- To consult with the Financial Aid Office staff concerning your financial aid application,
budgeting and/or financial problems which might arise.
- Your Responsibilities:
- To complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time.
- To provide correct information. Misreporting information can be a violation of federal
law and may be an indictable criminal offense.
- To provide additional documentation, verification, information, or corrections as
requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- To read, understand and retaining copies of all forms you sign.
- To accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.
- To understand the sources of financial aid you receive and whether the aid is a loan,
grant or scholarship. If the aid is a loan, you must know to whom repayment is to
be made and the terms of repayment.
- To keep the Financial Aid Office informed of your correct address at all times, during
school and after graduation until all loans are repaid.
- To inform the Financial Aid Office of status changes, such as marriage, divorce, childbirth,
employment of self or spouse, etc.
- To arrange for an exit interview with the Financial Aid Office prior to your separation
from TTUHSC, either by graduation or withdrawal
FERPA Information – SC OP 77.13 - www.ttuhsc.edu/registrar/C.
Clery (Campus Security Act) SC OP 76.40 - www.depts.ttu.edu/ttpd/clery.php
- Timely reporting of Crimes 668.46 – Included in report
- Hate Crime Reporting 668.46 – Included in report
- Emergency Response / Evacuation www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/
- Missing Student Notification Policy 668.46h – No campus housing
- Fire Safety Report 668.49 – TTUHSC does not have campus housing.
Emergency Procedures www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/E.
Constitution and Citizenship Day Constitution and Citizenship Day – Title IV eligible
institutions are required to conduct an educational program on the U.S. Constitution
annually on September 17th. This effort is coordinated by the Office of Student Services.F.
Vaccinations Policies OP 75.11 www.ttuhsc.edu/hsc/op/op75/op7511.pdf
Student Body Diversity – this is listed in the Fact book – www.ttuhsc.edu/hsc/factbook/
- Pell Grant recipients by race and gender – here.
Disability Services - www.ttuhsc.edu/studentservices/ada/default.aspx
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention-668.14-HSC OP 10.03 www.ttuhsc.edu/hsc/op/op10/op1003.pdf
- Every participating school must certify that it has adopted and implemented a program
to prevent drug and alcohol abuse by its students.
- A school that participates in the Campus-Based programs must take certain steps to
provide a drug-free workplace, including—
- establishing a drug-free awareness program to provide information to employees,
- distributing a notice to its employees of prohibited unlawful activities and the school's
planned actions against an employee who violates these prohibitions, and
- notifying the Department and taking appropriate action when it learns of an employee's
conviction under any criminal drug statute
- Student Policy – Student Affairs Handbook - www.ttuhsc.edu/studentservices/
- Employee Policy Information - www.ttuhsc.edu/HSC/OP/OP70/op7041.pdf
Mail Voter Registration - All students are encouraged to vote. The National Voter
Registration Form is available here: www.fec.gov/votregis/vr.shtmlK.
Retention Rates 668.41d - TTUHSC does not enroll First-Time, First-Year students.M.
Placement/matriculation of Graduates 668.41d
- TTUHSC does not provide placement.
- Education enrollment information - The types of graduate and professional education
in which graduates of the school's four-year degree programs enroll.
Transfer Credit Guidelines - www.ttuhsc.edu/catalog/credit_transfer.aspxO.
Estimated Tuition and Fees - www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/busserv/bursar/estimates.aspx
and is also available here
and on the school and programs websites.P.
Textbook Information– Information related to the textbooks for each programs course
work is available on each program’s website.
- Additional information: here
Course Information – Information related to each programs course work is available
on each program’s website.R.
Completion/Graduation Rates 668.45 - Information is available in the TTUHSC Fact
Report on Completion or Graduation Rates for Student Athletes 668.48 - TTUHSC does
not have athletic programs. T.
Misrepresentation - Under the General Provisions regulations the Department may
fine, limit, suspend, or terminate the participation of any school that substantially
misrepresents the nature of its educational program, its financial charges, or the
employability of its graduates. Misrepresentation by a school of the nature of its
educational program includes, but is not limited to, false, erroneous, or misleading
- Nature of Educational Program
- The particular types, specific sources, nature, and extent of its accreditation;
- Whether a student may transfer course credits earned at the school to any other school;
union or similar organization or receipt of a local, state, or federal license or
a nongovernment certification required as a precondition for employment or to perform
- Whether its courses are recommended by vocational counselors, high schools, or employment
agencies, or by government officials for government employment;
- Its size, location, facilities, or equipment;
- The availability, frequency, and appropriateness or its courses and programs to the
employment objectives that it states its programs are designed to meet;
- The nature, age, and availability of its training devices or equipment and their appropriateness
to the employment objectives that it states its programs and courses are designed
- The number, availability, and qualifications, including the training and experience,
of its faculty and other personnel;
- The availability of part-time employment or other forms of financial assistance;
- The nature of availability of any tutorial or specialized instruction, guidance and
counseling, or other supplementary assistance it will provide its students before,
during, or after the completion of a course;
- The nature and extent of any prerequisites established for enrollment in any course;
- Any matters required to be disclosed to prospective students under 34 CAR 668.43 (institutional
information) and 34 CAR 668.46 (campus security).
- Nature of Financial Charges - Misrepresentation by a school of the nature of its financial
charges includes, but is not limited to, false, erroneous, or misleading statements
- Offers of scholarships to pay all or part of a course charge, unless a scholarship
is actually used to reduce tuition charges that are applied to all students whether
or not receiving a scholarship and are made known to the student in advance; or
- Whether a particular charge is the customary charge at the school for a course.
- Employability of Graduates - Misrepresentation by a school regarding the employability
of its graduates includes, but is not limited to, false, erroneous, or misleading
- That the school is connected with any organization or is an employment agency or other
agency in providing authorized training leading directly to employment;
- That the school maintains a placement service for graduates or will otherwise secure
or assist its graduates to obtain employment, unless it provides the student with
a clear and accurate description of the extent and nature of this service or assistance;
- Concerning government job market statistics in relation to the potential placement
of its graduates.
Written Agreements between the TTUHSC Schools and other universities are identified
by each school.V.
Licensure and Pass Rates www.ttuhsc.edu/hsc/factbook/W.
Athletic Reporting 668.47c - TTUHSC does not have athletic programs. X.
Teacher Preparation Program Reports- TTUHSC has no Teacher Preparation Programs. Y.
Financial Statements (Audited) – are available upon request.back to top