Department of Anesthesiology - El Paso
Residency Program ApplicationApplication Process & Requirements:
The Department of Anesthesiology-Residency Program accepts applicants through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only. Positions will be matched utilizing the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
The following are the required supporting application materials to the ERAS Common Application Form:
- Medical school transcript (if attended more than one medical school, provide a copy of each transcript) (see below for explanation on IMG applicants).
- Dean’s letter (see below for explanation on IMG applicants).
- Medical School diploma or 5th pathway certificate (see below for explanation on IMG applicants)
- USMLE / COMLEX Transcript (Transcript only “NOT” score sheets)
- 3 Letters of recommendation (Date of letter should not exceed 2-yrs)
- PD letter of recommendation if applicant had previous residency training in the U.S.
- Curriculum Vitae – must be current and in chronological order.
- Personal Statement
- Identification (e.g. current DL, visa, passport, etc.) *Required at time of employment
- Copy of Social Security card (J-1’s must wait 10-days prior to applying for S.S. card) *Required at time of employment
- Copy of license to practice medicine in Texas and/or another state in the U.S. Institutional permit if applicant has practiced medicine or has previous residency training in Texas.
BELOW APPLIES TO IMG APPLICANTS "ONLY"
Medical School Diploma: Photocopy of original diploma in the original language & notarized translated version indicating “true copy of original”
Medical school Transcript: Notarized copy of translated version
Dean’s letter: Notarized copy of translated version
- ECFMG certificate (must be notarized “true copy of the original")
- Clinical Rotation Affidavit - if clinical rotation was done in LCME accredited medical school
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, beginning September 1 and ending December 31.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a completed applicationpacket as early as possible.
- Exact dates will be determined by the Program Director.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center-Paul L. Foster School of Medicine has adopted a policy of accepting only international medical graduates with J-1 visas into the residency training programs.
- Information regarding Texas Tech University Health Science Center resident salaries & benefits, policies, resources, and a copy of the contract can be found here - (http://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/gme/salaries.aspx)
- To learn more regarding ERAS, please view http://www.aamc.org/audienceeras.htm
- To participate in the NRMP matching, you should register at http://www.nrmp.org/
We look forward to reviewing your completed application and sincerely appreciate your interest for the Department of Anesthesiology Residency Program at Texas Tech University Health Science Center- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
For additional information regarding the application process and the Department of Anesthesiology Residency Program please contact:
Texas Tech University Health Science Center- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
Department of Anesthesiology
4800 Alberta Ave
El Paso, TX 79905
Elena Miranda, MEd - Residency Coordinator