Obstetrics and Gynecology
Welcome to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in El Paso Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program.
We participate and accept applications only through the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). All applications must be complete and received no later than November 2nd. Early submission is recommended.
Four positions are available at the first year level for applicants from accredited medical schools. The Residency Program Director and Associate Program Director screen all applications. Potential candidates are invited for interviews between November and January. The residents and faculty participate in the interview process and are involved in the ranking process. The order is submitted to the NRMP.
A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS application
- Medical School Transcript
- Deans Letter
- Three letters of recommendation (date of letter should not exceed 2-years)
- Program Director letter of recommendation if applicant has previous residency training in the US
- USMLE/COMLEX Transcript (transcript only, not score sheets); must have passed step/level 1 and 2 on the first attempt and received a score of 80 or more and passage of CSA/LEVEL 2 PE (COMLEX can be substituted for the USMLE)
- Curriculum Vitae (must be current and in chronological order)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Diploma; if attended more than one medical school, provide a diploma for each school attended. If applicant is IMG, diploma must be translated by a professional translator and notarized
- All applicants must be US Citizens in order to participate in mandatory rotations at William Beaumont Army Medical Center
Please feel free to email our Residency Program Coordinator at Irene.Jimenez@ttuhsc.edu for additional questions regarding the application process.