Obstetrics and Gynecology
University Medical Center is Texas Tech El Paso's primary teaching facility. UMC is an acute care, non-profit facility staffed by Texas Tech faculty physicians and residents. It is one of the largest medical facilities on the US/Mexico border.
- 4,100 deliveries per year
- 2100 major gynecologic surgeries per year
- 405 minor gynecologic surgeries per year
- Level II and level III nursery
- Level I trauma center
- 327 beds
- 22,300 admissions per year
- 56,600 emergency room visits per year
- 2,600 trauma cases evaluated and managed per year
Our clinics are located adjacent to the University Medical Center. It is here where faculty and residents provide care to patients requiring gynecologic and obstetrical services. We have approximately 34,000 clinic visits per year. The clinics are divided into general ob, general gyn, private faculty, nurse midwives and subspecialties. We offer specialized services including high-risk obstetrics, prenatal diagnosis and ultrasound, urodynamics evaluations, colposcopy and others. We perform cryosurgery, laser LEEP.
PARTNERSEl Paso Children's Hospital