Occupational Health Program
Visiting Medical Students
If you are a Medical Student who would like to complete a clinical rotation at the University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC) teaching affiliate of Texas Tech HSC-Paul L. Foster School of Medicine (TTUHSC-PLFSOM), you must meet the following requirements and provide documentation prior to beginning any activity at TTUHSC-PLFSOM/UMC:
1. Completion of “Immunization and Health Survey”.
2. Copies of lab reports, immunizations and/or health records must be provided.
Antibody titers - Rubella, Rubeola (measles), Varicella and Hepatitis B.
Immunizations - Mumps, TB skin test (within 3 months), Hepatitis B series, Tdap, and Influenza vaccine.
3. Completion of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course. (Copy of current card).
4. Professional Liability Insurance. (Start and End dates)
5. Successful completion of the Community Wide Student Orientation.
This orientation can be completed by going to web address: www.epcc.edu/cwo/pages/default.aspx
(A copy of the Certificate of completion is required!)
6. Background check – A background check from your institution will NOT be accepted). www.txtechelpasosabackground.com
All the above information must be submitted to Student Affairs Office, Ines.Garcia@ttuhsc.edu, who will forward to the Occupational Health Office for review and clearance.
If you have any question about these requirements, please feel free to call (915) 545-6541.