How do I obtain a Laserfiche Account?
Obtaining a Laserfiche Account
To gain access to Laserfiche, an account must be setup for you.
To create an account please follow the instructions below or contact Document Services: via email at DocumentServices@ttuhsc.edu or by phone at 806.743.4719.
What type of access do you need?
- I want to access Business Affairs documents including HSC Purchasing, Payables, Contracts, and Accounting documents.
- I want to access my department's PCard documents
- I want to access another department's documents
- I want to have my department's documents scanned
I want to access Business Affairs documents including HSC Purchasing, Payables, Contracts, and Accounting documents.
Please complete the confidentiality statement and...
I want to access my department's PCard documents
Please complete the PCard Access Form and...
I want to access another department's documents.
Several departments are using Document Services to store their documents in Laserfiche. If you wish to view a department's records, contact them first for permission to do so. The originating department will contact us and have the account setup. Once your account is setup, we will email log in instructions to you.
If you would like to see Document Services in action or request a viewer package, please call us at 743-4719.
I want to have my department's documents scanned.
When deciding on document imaging, there are a number of questions to consider.
- How many documents must the system store, considering both the number of existing documents and the number of documents added annually? This information determines how much storage space is needed.
- How many users in your department will be using the system concurrently?
- What other departments will need access?
- What serious problems must absolutely be solved, and what issues should be addressed to make life easier or reduce costs or improve productivity? This determines whether plug-ins or customizations will be needed.
After you have evaluated your needs, the following is a list of steps to necessary to get you started on the road to electronic imaging:
- Consider which records could be stored electronically.
- Call 806.743.1989 to schedule a meeting to discuss the records to be imaged, the records retention schedule, and indexing structure.
- Determine who will be the end-users.
- Prepare a small sample of the documents to be scanned and indexed per your instructions.
- The images will be used for training your department's end users and will offer your department time to review to ensure that all of your needs are met.
Once steps 1 through 3 are complete, we will be able to provide you with all costs involved in your project. There are several variables involved including the complexity of your indexing structure, preparation of documents (removing staples, paperclips, etc.), retention schedule, etc.
If you have several types of documents that you would like to have scanned, we recommend that you choose one to implement first and add the other types as you get familiar with the system. This should reduce your learning curve and ensure that requirements are not overlooked.