Please review this site frequently for updated deadlines and applications
AT&T CHANCELLOR'S GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP
Please see the TTU site for more information.
DEAN'S SCHOLARS AWARD
- All Ph.D. and MD/Ph.D. students that are in good academic standing are eligible
- New students must matriculate in Summer or Fall
Deadline: Varies; notification will be sent for next available scholarship
Award Amount: $5,000 increase to the base stipend (see guidelines for details)
GSBS Competitive Scholarships for MS Students
Competitive Scholarships are awarded by the various concentrations and programs within
GSBS. It is up to the concentration/program to determine the amount and number of
scholarships they will be awarding each year based on the funds available and other
factors determined by each concentration/program. All admitted students are automatically
considered for competitive scholarships, so no separate application forms or interviews
are necessary. The GSBS office notifies scholarship winners at the time of admission
to the university.
Criteria to be reviewed holistically include:
- • Undergraduate GPA
- • GRE
- • Letters of Recommendation
- • Essay
- • Personal Interview (Optional)
Students must maintain full time status in the Fall and Spring semesters to maintain
eligibility for the scholarship. If a student drops below full time status, they will
lose their scholarship for the next semester. Students must also maintain satisfactory
progress on their degree plan and remain in good standing. If a student goes onto
academic probation, they will lose their scholarship for the next semester. During
the semester of the forfeited scholarship, if a student has a semester GPA above a
3.0, the scholarship will be renewed.
Deadline: Varies by program/concentration
Award Amount: Determined by each program/concentration
No separate application is required.
These scholarships are reviewed and approved by the GSBS Miscellaneous Scholarships
MARY LOU CLEMENTS - MANN ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- Enrolled as a full-time PhD Student
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Faculty Nomination
- Field of study within: Infectious Diseases, Immunology or Cancer
Deadline Month: July 1, 2015
Award Amount: Up to $500
- Ph.D student candidates are eligible
- Must be a new student matriculating in Summer or Fall
- Graduate Program Advisor Nomination
- New student approved by GSBS Admissions Committee but not yet matriculated
- Up to 3 scholarships awarded by Ph.D. Selection Committee
Deadline Month: July 1, 2015
Award Amount: $2500
International Education Fee Scholarship
This scholarship is offered three times a year for students interested in pursuing
one of three specific types of activities abroad.
1) Attendance at an international meeting to present the student’s work.
2) An internship in a laboratory abroad to apply and learn a technique required for
the student’s research project that is not available at TTU or TTUHSC.
3) Attendance at an international workshop to learn an array of techniques with leaders
in the student’s field of study.
- Enrolled as a full-time MS or PhD Student
- In Good Standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Letter explaining how this is beneficial to student's education
Letter from the research advisor how the activity is beneficial to student's education
and the PI's laborartory
Detailed budget for the full trip, with declaration of all funding sources
Presentation of a seminar to be made within the first month to upon return from the
Award Amount: Varies