Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Admissions
Graduate applicants may communicate with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Office of Admissions through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admissions process for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is more than just an application. To ensure that applicants can succeed in a graduate program, an applicant’s personal qualities, work experience, and ability to work with different ideas and personalities within a program are also important admission factors.
Admission to any graduate degree program is granted by the Dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences upon the recommendation of the GSBS Admissions Committee and/or the program faculty.
Apply Online (For El Paso Campus please contact us directly!)
- When applying through the TTUHSC Online Admissions Application Wizard System (Merlin), select Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences application, major, and term.
- Applicants may check the status of their documents through Merlin. All documents must be received by the application deadline date.
- Applications must be completed and submitted by the application closing date. Only submitted applications with all required support documents can be considered for admission.
- Your application is not submitted until you see "PACKET SUBMITTED" with a large green check mark to the right.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $45 is required for all applicants. The processing fee can be paid online by credit card, or by mailing a money order, a cashier's check, a traveler's check, or a U.S. postal money order made payable to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Applications for graduate programs will not be considered unless accompanied by the processing fee.
U.S. Applicants (including Immigrant Permanent Residents)
- Official transcripts of all previous and current college level study, showing the completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, are required.
- If you are an Immigrant Permanent Resident, you must provide a copy of the front and back of your green card, as well as an Oath of Residency if you are claiming Texas residency for tuition purposes.
- Submit an online application prior to the application closing date.
- Pay the non-refundable $45 application fee for each application submitted.
- Submit an Oath of Residency form provided through the on-line application.
- Submit a written essay through the online application, stating your reasons for applying to your chosen program.
- Two letters of reference using the form provided with the online application and/or by written letter. Letters and forms may be mailed to the address listed at the bottom of this page, however emailed reference letters may be accepted if sent from the author's institutional or work email address to Valerie.email@example.com. Reference letters and forms submitted by the applicant are not acceptable unless the original hard copy letter and/or form is submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Immunization form provided through the online application with a copy of immunizations record or physician's letter. Immunization documentation must be provided prior to matriculation.
- All applicants are required to show proof of: two (2) immunizations for varicella (chicken pox), measles, mumps and rubella; 2-step tuberculosis skin test; hepatitis B-series; Tetanus/diptheria (Td); Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, and Acellular Pertussis): Adult (one time dose starting year 2005); Meningococcal Vaccine (MCV): Adults 22 and younger (vaccine within the last 5 years). Click here for the immunization form.
- Official GRE Score Reports are required. Score reports or additional information about GRE must be sent directly from the Education Testing Service. Photocopies of GRE scores are not accepted.
The Institute Code for GSBS is 6851.
Scores must not be more than 5 years old.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to request MCAT in lieu of GRE.
Please send all required documents to:
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
5001 El Paso Drive, El Paso, TX 79905
*All applicants should allow ample time for required support documents to be received and added to the application file. Only submitted applications along with all required support documents can be considered for admissions.