Master of Public Health Degree Admissions
Admission to any graduate degree program is granted by the Dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences upon the recommendation of the GSBS Admissions Committee and the Department of Public Health/MPH Program Faculty. The applicant must be in good standing with the school last attended. Only students who have submitted completed applications will be considered for admission.
Master of Public Health Admissions Requirements
Prerequisites for Admission: See the GSBS website for a complete list of admission requirements.
1. A bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
2. The applicant must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
3. Official GRE scores.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation, which must be from former faculty or administrators who are familiar with the scholastic abilities of the applicant. In the case of an applicant who is coming to us from a practice setting, one of the letters may be from an employer.
5. An essay or statement of purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant's interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals.
6. A personal interview may be requested.
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Master of Public Health program, applicants are required to complete the online application. Applications are received online through the Merlin Online Admissions Application Wizard. (Click the "Start Session" button once connected to the Merlin page.)
Falsification of application information will void admission to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. All sections of the online application must be completed, and it must be submitted prior to the application closing date, which can be found on the website listed
Scholarship opportunities and applications for the Master of Public Health Program may be viewed on the Scholarships page.