Frequently Asked Questions
- May I leave messages on the answering machine to remind the patient of their appointment or to re-schedule their appointment?
- May I leave messages about appointment reminders with family and friends because the patient is unavailable or at work and cannot take calls at work?
- When a patient (i.e., MHMR or State School patients) is dropped off by a driver for an appointment, who signs the Consent to Treatment form and acknowledges the receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices?
- Is there a possibility that the clinic can speak with the spouse if the patient is not available?
- Why do I have to take the HIPAA Privacy Training and who is required to take the HIPAA Privacy Training?
- Why do I have to take the IT Security Awareness Training and who is required to take the IT Security Awareness Training?
- How do I answer the questions the patient might have in why they need to fill out the Confidential Communication Request and Identity Theft Protection Questions form?