Configuring Outlook 2011 E-mail» Outlook or Outlook Express
If you have any problems, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at (806) 743-2875 or email@example.com
How to configure Microsoft Outlook 2007-2011
1. From the Windows Start menu, open Control Panel in Classic View then double click the Mail icon.
2. In the Mail Setup - Outlook window, click Show Profiles….
3. Click Add… to create a new profile.
4. Type a name you would like for the Outlook profile in the Profile Name: field then click OK.
5. Check the checkbox for Manually configure server settings or additional server types then click Next >.
6. Select Microsoft Exchange then click Next >.
7. Type hscmail1.ttuhsc.edu in the Microsoft Exchange server: field and enter your eRaider username in the User Name: field., then click More Settings….
8. If prompted with the warning, The action cannot be completed… click OK.
9. If prompted with a window to verify the Check Name credentials, click Cancel.
10. In the Microsoft Exchange window, select the Connection tab. Check the checkbox, Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP, under Outlook Anywhere then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
11. Under Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:, type mail.ttuhsc.edu in the https:// field. Check the following checkboxes:
Connect using SSL only
On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
Ensure NTLM Authentication is selected under Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange: then click OK.
12. Click OK in the Microsoft Exchange window.
13. Back on the Microsoft Exchange Settings window click Check Name.
14. If prompted, enter ttuhsc\ followed by your eRaider username in the User name: fieldand your eRaider password in the Password: field, then click OK.
15. The Microsoft Exchange server: and User Name: fields will resolve with the verified server and display name underlined in both fields. Click Next > to continue.
16. Then click Finish.
17. Click OK to complete the setup of your account settings.
Note: If you have multiple profiles listed that you use, then you may want to select Prompt for a profile to be used when starting Outlook. You can always return to this menu using steps 1 and 2 to change this setting if desired.
18. You can now close the Control Panel and open Microsoft Outlook to access your e-mail.