IT Solution Center
Configuring Outlook 2011 E-mail» Outlook or Outlook Express
If you have any problems, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at (806)
743-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to configure Microsoft Outlook 2007-2011
- From the Windows Start menu, open Control Panel in Classic View then double click the Mail icon.
- In the Mail Setup - Outlook window, click Show Profiles....
- Click Add... to create a new profile.
- Type a name you would like for the Outlook profile in the Profile Name: field then click OK.
- Check the checkbox for Manually configure server settings or additional server types then clickNext >.
- Select Microsoft Exchange then click Next >.
- Type hscmail1.ttuhsc.edu in the Microsoft Exchange server: field and enter your eRaider username in the User Name: field., then click More Settings....
- If prompted with the warning, The action cannot be completed... click OK.
- If prompted with a window to verify the Check Name credentials, click Cancel.
- In the Microsoft Exchange window, select the Connection tab. Check the checkbox, Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP, under Outlook Anywhere then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Under Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:, type mail.ttuhsc.edu in the https:// field. Check the following checkboxes:
- Connect using SSL only
- On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- Ensure NTLM Authentication is selected under Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange: then click OK.
- Click OK in the Microsoft Exchange window.
- Back on the Microsoft Exchange Settings window click Check Name.
- If prompted, enter ttuhsc\ followed by your eRaider username in the User name: field and your eRaider password in the Password: field, then click OK.
- The Microsoft Exchange server: and User Name: fields will resolve with the verified server and display name underlined in both
fields. Click Next > to continue.
- Then click Finish.
- Click OK to complete the setup of your account settings.
- Note: If you have multiple profiles listed that you use, then you may want to select Prompt for a profile to be used when starting Outlook. You can always return to this menu using steps 1 and 2 to
change this setting if desired.
- You can now close the Control Panel and open Microsoft Outlook to access your e-mail.
Back to Top