OU Campus Content Management System
Content Tab Overview
The Content tab is the most frequently used tab within OU Campus. It provides access
to the primary functions for editing pages. Most users will have the Pages, Assets,
Recent Saves, and Recent Publishes areas available to them, but the functionality under the Content tab depends upon user level.
When using the DirectEdit login method, the Pages view shows the available editable
regions. Once a region is chosen for editing, the WYSIWYG editor toolbar is shown.
In expanded view it shows the files and subdirectories for a directory and the Page
Actions toolbar. The page actions include a comprehensive set of functions that can
be performed on any page. Available functions are dependent upon authority level.
When expanded further is shows a selected view of the pages and directories listing
and icons. This is the default view when clicking Content > Pages. Expanding and checking
out a page reveals more icons and many of the icons and functionality are the same
as on the Page Action toolbar. For more information, see Page Actions.
Content > Assets displays all of the assets that have been created on the website.
Assets are available across all sites within an account. For more information about
For more information about setting up assets:
Setting up Assets
Content > Recent Saves displays a list of pages which have been updated, indicating
the time, date, and user by which each page was last saved. For more detailed information
regarding all the specific changes made to any file, click the Log icon next to any
file in the list:
Content > Recent Publishes displays a list of pages which have been published to the
live site, indicating the time, date, and user by which each page was last published.
For more detailed information regarding all the specific changes made to any file,
click the Log icon next to any file in the list:
Legend for Screen Example
- Site: Displays site name
- Location: Displays current directory path
- Staging/Production tabs: Provide access to switching between available servers
- Provides access to creating new pages from defined templates, restore from the recycle
bin, and uploading files:
- Restore link: Restores a file from the Recycle Bin
- New link: Creates new pages and directories
- Upload link: For uploading files and using zip import
- Quick Search, Advanced Search and Last Search
- File operations for mulitple files or directories (depending on access level):
- List of files and subdirectories. Shows the available page actions and file operations for each file and directory.