Caption Slider Snippet
There are several steps in order to make the slideshow snippet work on a web page such as creating a new scripts folder, uploading images and creating a customized java script file (fadeshow1.js).
- Create a scripts folder in your website in OU Campus by choosing New>>New Folder in the interface.
- Create the java script file (fadeshow1.js) from www.ttuhsc.edu/it/is/training/oucampus/content/scripts/fadeshow1.js using one of the two options listed below.
- Click on the link and do a File>>Save As>>fadeshow1.js in your browser. (The file should default to the .js extension during the Save As process.)
- Click on the link, copy the text, paste into Notepad and Save As fadeshow1.js.
- Upload the file into the scripts folder that was created in step 1.
- (optional) Create a slideshow sub-folder in the images folder of your website in OU Campus. (The images can actually be uploaded to the images folder without creating a new sub-folder.)
- Upload the web-ready images into the images folder or slideshow sub-folder. In order for the slideshow to be uniform, all images should be the same size. The snippet images are 700 x 300. If you want a smaller slideshow be sure and adjust the width and height in the java script file, (fadeshow1.js) to the same size as your images.
["path_to_image", "optional_url", "optional_linktarget", "optional_description"]
- Publish both the java script file (fadeshow1.js) and the page containing the snippet.
If you have any questions about using this snippet please contact Information Services by email at IS.Training@ttuhsc.edu.