OU Campus Content Management System
Using Quick Search
The Quick Search feature is a content search that allows the user to search for specific
content on a page or within meta tags in order to easily navigate to pages that may
need updates or to be reviewed. If a global change needs to be made, the Global Find
and Replace option should be used, which is limited to Level 10 administrators only.
Quick Search cannot be used for coding or regex searches, and it will only review
files on the Staging Server.
Quick Search can be found at the top of the pages screens. Simply type the content
to be searched for into the search box and click on the search icon or press Enter.
By utilizing the Advanced Search option, it is possible to easily incorporate multiple
criteria into the search without having to know the syntax, as well as to limit the
search locations. Additionally, the Last Search option can be recalled and researched.
- To include additional search criteria without having to know the appropriate syntax
to enter into the Quick Search, simply click on the Advanced Search option.
- Enter in the criteria to be searched making sure to make AND/OR selections appropriately.
- Page Path: Define the path where the expected content is to be found. A wildcard can
be used to search folders within the defined path.
- Title: This will search the meta tags for the page titles.
- Keywords: This will search the meta tags for pages' keywords.
- Description: This will search the meta tags for the pages' descriptions.
- Other Meta: If other meta information is defined on pages being searched, this will
search in those meta tags.
- Content: This will search the actual page content.
- Limit Search To Current Folder and Below: This will exclude any folders above the
folder in which the user is currently located.
- Only Pages I Can Access: This will limit the search to any pages that are accessible
to the user.
Search results in all cases are displayed when search is completed. There are two
options from this screen.
- Navigate to the parent folder by clicking on the folder icon under the Folder column.
- Go to the page preview by clicking on the preview icon under the Preview column.
The results can be sorted by using the drop-down list found at the top, left-hand
side of the screen. The default setting is Relevancy, which refers to the number of
times the content being searched is found on the page. Additional sort options include:
- Path Asc (Path Ascending)
- Path Desc (Path Descending)
- Last Saved Asc (Last Saved Ascending)
- Last Saved Desc (Last Saved Descending)
It is possible to type in the syntax utilized by the Advanced Search directly into
the Quick Search. When using the Advanced Search, the syntax will appear in the Quick
Search field once the "Search" button is clicked. Additionally, the Apache Lucene website includes details on the syntax and boolean characters supported by the system.
Additional Information and Reminders
Indexing will only index saved content. Any content that is currently being updated
will not be indexed until it is saved. However, once the data is saved, it will be
available for searching within approximately 10 seconds.
Quick Search will search through content and meta tags on the Staging Server. The
search functionality will not search:
- Files on the Production Server, including binary files
- Recycle Bin
If the Quick Search functionality is turned on, it is possible to search the staging
server for content. This search allows the user to find content in order to easily
navigate to a desired page.
Enter the desired search term(s) into the Quick Search field found in the Content > Pages window and click the magnifying glass.
The Advanced Search option includes specific delimiters and Boolean options that may
be used. These include Page Path, Title, Keywords, Description, Other Meta, and Content.
The search parameters may also be used to limit access to the current folder level
and below and to the current user.