OU Campus Content Management System
The Versions screen includes the ability to revert to a previous version of a page.
Revert enables any previously published version of a page or include file to be restored.
Revert is available on the Versions screen, which shows a list of versions of a page.
The Versions screen can be accessed from the folder structure or from the Preview
or Edit screen of a checked out page. Reverting a page makes the chosen revision the
version that is available for editing on the staging server. It must be published
to become the production version.
Reverting to a Version
- Navigate to the Versions menu for a page by one of the following:
- Navigate to the Pages List and check out the desired file. Hover over the Review menu for the file, and select Versions.
- Click the checked out page and use the page actions toolbar to select the Versions button.
- From the Versions screen, hover over the menu bar for the desired version and click
- The confirmation dialog is shown. A user may preview the selected version by clicking
the linked revision number in the dialog, or a user may revert immediately without
- Click Revert. The success message shows to which version the page was reverted.
- Check out to edit or publish the page as necessary.
Note: The page must be published to the production web server to make it live on the World
Wide Web. Should the user or individual page require approval, it will be passed along
the intended approval path before it can be published.