Microsoft Campus Agreement
Departmental Media Use
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) departments are permitted to purchase CD copies of the software available under the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MCA). Departments may duplicate these CDs for distribution to their faculty and staff, provided they follow the terms of the MCA license agreement. All such copies must be true and complete copies (including copyright and trademark notices). The CD with the MCA software that the department purchased from the designated reseller (High Tech Computer Store) and the associated copies are for use on departmentally owned PC's only. Departmental faculty and staff must obtain their own copy of the software and agree to the terms of the "Faculty/Staff Acceptance Form" to use any MCA product on their personal PCs.
- NOTE: Policies at the different TTUHSC campuses may specify that software can only be installed on departmental PC's by authorized Technology Services personnel. Currently, at the Amarillo and El Paso TTUHSC campuses, ONLY Computer Services personnel are authorized to install software on departmental PC's. If you have any questions about whether or not you should install software on a departmental PC, contact the Computer Services department for your campus.
- Departments and their respective faculty/staff are also expressly prohibited from loaning the departmental MCA software CD or the associated duplicates to any student. It is also expressly prohibited for any department or their faculty/staff to disclose the universal product keys associated with the MCA software to students or other parties not granted specific rights to these keys under the MCA. The MCA prohibits any department from printing the universal product keys on any CDs which are duplicated. It is the department's responsibility to keep all universal product keys secure and to only disclose them when necessary to their respective faculty/staff.
- All departments are required to maintain an accurate accounting of the CDs they have purchased under the MCA and all duplicates they create. Furthermore, all departments are required to maintain accurate records of which faculty/staff members may have borrowed the CDs to load MCA software on their work PCs. Departmental faculty/staff should not be allowed to possess or borrow these CD's for any purpose other than to load the MCA software on their work PCs.
- It is the responsibility of the department to make their faculty/staff aware of the terms of the Microsoft Campus Agreement license. It is recommended that all faculty/staff read the terms of the license to obtain an understanding of their responsibilities. Details on the license and other MCA information can be found at http://www.ttuhsc.edu/it/mca/