To download the Respondus Client Installation, please login to eRaider (above).
The following information comes directly from the
Some of the features listed below may not be available with the TTUHSC version of the
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard, ANGEL,
Brightspace by D2L, Pearson eCollege, Canvas, Moodle, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved
from one LMS to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
- Distinct user environments (called "personalities") for ANGEL, Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Pearson eCollege, Canvas, Moodle, and IMS QTI
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats.
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI, and tab/comma delimited formats
- Use the Exam Wizard to create an assessment in minutes
- "Spell check" an entire exam file (includes dictionaries for American English, Canadian English, British English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, and a comprehensive medical dictionary)
- Add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting
- Insert mathematical and scientific symbols using the Respondus Equation Editor or MathType
- Use the Media Wizard to add images, audio and video to assessments and create links to content on other servers (e.g. YouTube, Picasa)
- Create random sets of questions in seconds with a one-step wizard
Preview, Publish, and Printing
- Preview questions before publishing them to the LMS
- Publish exams and assessments directly to an online course (media files are automatically uploaded)
- A "batch publish" feature allows assessments and surveys to be published to multiple courses in a single step**
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval, Reports, and Tools
- Retrieve exams from the leading eLearning platforms, complete with media files*
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions*
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam
- Quickly locate questions using keyword searches
- Full context-sensitive help
- Respondus User Guide (MS Word/Wordpad format)
- An incredibly easy-to-use interface that makes the online help and user guide woefully neglected by most users
- Access to hundreds of publisher test banks in Respondus format -- FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
*This feature can only be used with certain eLearning systems
**This feature is only available to institutions that have a Respondus Campus-wide License
Online help is available from within the Respondus application.
Context-sensitive help is available by pressing the F1 key. Or, go to Help > Help Topics to access the
main help system.
If you prefer a printed user guide for Respondus, go to
The user guides are provided in MS Word format so that institutions can easily edit/add information that pertains to their institution.
A knowledgebase for Respondus and the Respondus Test Bank Network is available at
If a problem cannot be resolved using the product documentation (ie. online help, user guide) and
if the knowledgebase doesn't provide a solution, please contact the TTUHSC IT department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flash Demonstration and Training Movies
A series of Flash movies are available from our web site at
These are a great resource for introducing and training instructors on the use of Respondus.
Another great source of information and training materials is our newsletter archive at
Dozens of articles will help you learn more about Respondus and the Respondus Test Bank Network.
(Note: You are welcome to borrow and modify these articles for your own training materials.)
Respondus Test Bank Network
One of the best ways to get instructors "up and running" with our
software -- and online teaching in general -- is to introduce them to the Respondus Test Bank Network. Here you
will find test banks for hundreds of the leading textbooks in higher education. The test banks are in a
ready-to-use format and can be downloaded with Respondus for FREE by instructors who adopt a participating
textbook. More information is available at
Help Desk Information
Help Desk technicians are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to answer any technical
or computer-related questions or concerns you may have. Help Desk contact information is (806) 743-1234 ITSolutions@ttuhsc.edu