BSN to DNP Program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) to Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Consideration for admission is given to applicants who meet all admission criteria and have submitted ALL admission requirements by the application deadline.
All applicants must meet requirements listed below for admission consideration:
- Completed and submitted online application as directed on the School of Nursing website.
- Valid unencumbered Texas or Compact RN License
- Baccalaureate nursing degree from a regionally accredited college or university with nursing program accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or accreditation from the American Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Successful completion of an undergraduate research and statistics course
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the BSN program
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association BLS) Certification
- Computer literacy
- Critical analysis essay
- Letters of References (3)
- Oath of Residency
- Official transcripts from all institutions formerly attended. NOTE: All transcripts must be from regionally accredited colleges or universities with nursing program accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or accreditation from American Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Current Curriculum Vita (CV) or Resume’ (in the template provided in the application process)
- Interview with DNP faculty (Interviews are conducted on an invitation only basis after a review of submitted application materials).