McLennan Community College
McLennan Community College and TTUHSC Early Decision Admission
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the McLennan Community College (MCC) and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) early decision admission program. The articulation agreement between these schools will allow you to plan to transition into the TTUHSC School of Nursing RN to BSN program upon successful completion of the ADN program.
Many employers are currently requiring that RNs be enrolled in a baccalaureate program of study or have earned their BSN as a condition of employment. Employers' reasoning is based on clinical research that has demonstrated the professional level of knowledge gained through baccalaureate education has a major impact on improving patient outcomes. The education you receive from TTUHSC School of Nursing will prepare you to become a leader, innovator and discoverer. This website is designed to give you the information you need to make an informed decision.
- Estimated tuition and fee information may be viewed here.
- Student Business Services can assist you with a breakdown of fees and the payment schedule.
Students will be under a provisional status until licensed as a registered nurse and upon successful completion of NURS 4381, "Issues and Trends in Nursing," in the RN to BSN degree plan. Financial Aid is available once the provisional status is lifted and may be accessed at www.ttuhsc.edu/financial-aid.
To be eligible, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete a Declaration of Intent (DOI) form during the first semester of coursework at MCC. Students who do not complete the DOI in their first semester will not be in compliance with the articulation agreement. For more information about the DOI, contact your advisor at MCC.
- Submit a formal application to the RN to BSN Program at TTUHSC; and, meet all minimum admission requirements. For application dates as well how to apply, click here.
- Upon completion of your ADN education, you will receive provisional acceptance to the School of Nursing's RN to BSN Program and may take NURS 4342 Evidence Into Practice, while waiting for RN licensure.
- Upon passing the NCLEX examination (RN licensure exam), you will be granted full admission to the RN to BSN program and may enroll in full-time studies.
A declaration of intent to seek a BSN from TTUHSC School of Nursing and admission application to the nursing program at McLennan Community College are required to qualify for early decision admission status. This status will assure graduates who meet the below admission requirements acceptance into the RN to BSN track at TTUHSC School of Nursing.
- ADN students, in the next to the last semester of course work at the College must demonstrate a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or greater on a 4.0 scale for combined general education prerequisite courses and nursing courses.
- Pre-Nursing courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of 54 credit hours of general education prerequisite courses.
- ADN graduates must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and hold a license in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing.