James Burks, MD
Subspecialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Administrative Office: 432-703-5340Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Appointments / Odessa:
Patient Appointments / Midland:
Fellowship Training: Barnes/ Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Fellowship Training: Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
Residency Training: Vanderbilt University Hospital (IM)
Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Undergraduate School: Texas Technological College
Presentations and Publications:
- Lingvay I., Brailita DM, Loewenstein JE, Burks J, and Aung K..De Quervain thyroiditis. eMedicine Journal 3(1), 2002
- Sharifi M, Burks J. Efficacy of clopidogrel in the treatment of post-ASD closure migraines. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2004 Oct; 63(2):255.
- Sharifi M, Dehghani M, Mehdipour M, Al-Bustami O, Emrani F, and Burks J. Intense migraines secondary to percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects. J Interv Cardiol. 2005 Jun; 18(3): 181-3.
- Al-Bustami O, Sharifi M, Hijazi ZM, Burks JT, Bacha EA. Necessity for evaluation of anomalous pulmonary venous return before percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects-a case report. Angiology. 2005 Sep-Oct; 56(5):647-50.
- Burks, J. K., and Gopalan. Hypoglycemia caused by trimethoprim/ sulfamethazoxizole in a patient with HIV and acute renal failure. Resident and Staff 2006
- El-Husseini A, Chemitiganti R, Burks J. Hypothyroidism and simvastatin as a combined cause of rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure. Am J Case Reports 2009; 11:7-9.
- Hooper Sam, Alexander Matthew, Allbright Terry, Wan Christine, Burks James, Lenahan Patricia. The professional and personal self of the physician In Cinemeducation, a comprehensive guide to using film in medical education, Radcliffe Publishing Ltd.
- Lingvay I., Brailita DM, Loewenstein JE, Burks J, and Aung K. De Quervain thyroiditis. eMedicine Journal, 2009.
- Gopalan, M, Burks J. Thyroid Dysfunction Induced by Amiodarone Therapy. eMedicine Journal, 2009.
- Peck, W.A., Burks, J.K, Wilkins, J., Rodan, S.B., Rodan, G.A. Evidence for preferential effects of parathyriod hormone, calcitonin and adensine on bone and periosteum Endocrinology, 1977, Volume 100(S), pp.1357-1364
- Burks, J.K., and Peck, W.A. Bone cells: A serum-free medium supports proliferation in primary culture Science_1978, Volume 199, pp. 542-544
- Burks, J.K., Wetzel, R.D., Hughes, T., Peck, W.A. Anorexia Nervosa. Archives of internal Medicine, March 1979, pp. 352-354. Edited by L. V. Avioli
- Burks, J. K., and Peck W. A., Growth and differentiation of isolated calvarium cells in a serum-free medium International Review of cytology, Supplement 10, 1979, pp. 103-115: Edited by W. W. Nichols and D. G. Murphy
- Sharifi M, Burks J. Efficacy of clopidogrel in the treatment of post-ASD closure migranes. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2004 Oct; 63(2):255. Shariff M, Dehghani M, Mehdipour M, Al- Bustami O, Emrani F, and Burks J.