Shelton Viney, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Professor and Regional Chairman
Department of Surgery
- Premedical Education: Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, 1973, B.A. Zoology
- Medical Education: Texas Tech School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas, 1977, M.D.
- Specialty: General and Vascular
- Internship: General and Vascular Surgery, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Temple, Texas, 1978.
- Residency: General and Vascular Surgery, Scott and White Memorial Hospital, 1982
- Board Certification: American Board Certification, Fellow, American College of Surgeons.
- Hospital Privileges: Midland Memorial Hospital, Midland, Texas Active Staff
- Employment: Midland Surgical Associates, PA, 1/16/1998 to Present, Owner. CEO Midland Odessa Medical Group, 1/1/1996 to 1/16/1998. Midland Surgical Clinic, PA, 11/15/1982 to 1/1/1996, President/ Owner.
- Medical Organizations: American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, American Board of Surgery, American College of Surgeons, Midland County Surgical Society, North Texas Chapter of American College of Surgeons, Texas Surgical Society, Investigator, Texas Medical Board.
- Committees and Offices: Chief of Staff, Midland Memorial Hospital, 01/2005 to 01/2007, Surgery Department Chairman, Midland Memorial Hospital, 2000 to 2002, Section Chief Surgery Deparment, Midland Memorial Hospital, 1986. Texas Surgical Society, 2007 to 20011
- Publications: Vogel RA, Hall CL Viney RS. Septic pylephlebitis following Shigella dysentery: Case report. Texas Med 82:35-36, 1986.