Thamer Albekairi completed his Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia in 2011, and his Master of Science degree in Pharmacology and Toxicology from Arnold and Marie Schwartz College, Long Island University, Brooklyn, New York, in 2015. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Spring 2016, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Thomas Abbruscato with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MS: Pharmacology and Toxicology, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, 2015
- BPharm: King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, 2011
Stroke Neuroprotection and Restoration
- 02/07/2018 “The Mechanism of Biphalin Entry and Neurovascular Protection of the Ischemic Brain”
- 05/03/2017 "The Mechanism of Biphalin Entry Into the Ischemic Brain"
Before Admission to GPPS:
- Scholarship from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Graduate Student Association in Amarillo, 2016-present.
- Selected into Pharmaceutical Honor Society, Beta Theta Chapter of the Rho Chi Society, at Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, March 2015 – present.