Yousuf Ali completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors) degree in 2008 and his Master of Pharmacy degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry in 2009 from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He successfully completed his MPharm thesis on “Biological and Toxicological Investigation of Propolis Collected from Sundarbans”. Yousuf worked as a Quality Assurance Officer in Renata Limited and as a Product Development Officer in ACI Pharmaceuticals Limited for four and seven months, respectively. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Spring 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Margaret Weis with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009
- BPharm: Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008
Role of long chain fatty acyl-CoA synthetase (ACSL) in ischemia/reperfusion injury.
- 09/27/2017 "Elucidation of the role of ACSL isoforms in regulation of energy metabolism and polarization of macrophage" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 05/10/2017 "Cytokine Stimulation of NOS Activity is not Straightforward"
- 05/04/2016 "Cytokine Stimulation of NOS Activity is not Straightforward"
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2015-present