Md. Ashraf-Uz-Zaman completed his Bachelor degree in Pharmacy, and his Master degree in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in August of 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Nadezhda German with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2010
- BPharm: University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009
Medicinal chemistry; Drug discovery; Organic chemistry
- Md. Ashraf-Uz-Zaman, Nehal Gupta, Sanjay Srivastava, Nadezhda German. "Making an Anticancer Agent from Penfluridol: SAR Approach". American Chemical Society, Southwest Regional Meeting, Lubbock, TX; October-November 2017.
- Md. Ashraf-Uz-Zaman, Nehal Gupta, Abul Mohammad Kaisar, Luca Cucullo, Sanjay K. Srivastava, Nadezhda German. "Structural modifications of Penfluridol targeting reduction in CNS activity". Sixteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo TX; June 2017.
- Md Sanaullah Sajib, Md Ashraf-Uz-Zaman, Constantinos Mikelis, Nadezhda German. “Evaluation of the Fungal Metabolite Gliotoxin as an Anti-Cancer Agent.” Fifteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016. [Presented by Ashraf-Uz-Zaman.]
- Md. Sanaullah Sajib, Md. Ashraf-Uz-Zaman, Constantinos Mikelis, Nadezhda German. "Evaluation of the Fungal Metabolite Gliotoxin as an Anti-Cancer Agent." Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2016. [Presented by Ashraf-Uz-Zaman.]
- 09/20/2017 "Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Hypoxia Activated Combination Therapy for the Treatment of Solid Tumors" [Oral Qualifying Exam public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 04/19/2017 "Changing the Fate of Penfluridol: A Medicinal Chemistry Approach"
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2015-present.