Anwar Hossain completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors) degree from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 2007. He then obtained his Master of Pharmacy degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the same University while he worked on isolation and characterization of bioactive natural compounds from different medicinal plants available in Bangladesh, and he successfully completed his MPharm thesis on "Phytochemical & Biological Investigation of Terminalia Chebula Retz. (Combretaceae)". Anwar served at the Manarat International University, Bangladesh as a faculty member (now on study leave). He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Spring 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Nadezhda German with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008
- BPharm: Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007
Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of compounds with proposed antimicrobial activity.
Before Admission to GPPS:
- S. Binte Amir, M. A. Hossain and M. A. Mazid. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Cefuroxime Axetil in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. J. Sci. Res. 2014 Sep 1;6 (1), 133-141 (2013).
- Anwar Hossain, Md. Sanaullah Sajib, Ronak Patel, Abraham Al-Ahmad, Constantinos Mikelis, Nedezhda German. “Effect of the disulfide bridge in gliotoxin on the biological activity of the molecule”. Sixteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo TX; June 2017.
- Anwar Hossain, Narsimha Sattenapally, Stephanie DeLeon, Kendra Rambaugh, Hardik I Parikh, Nadezhda German. “Prevention of Bacterial Virulence by Synthetic Quorum Sensing Inhibitors.” Fifteenth Annual School of Pharmacy Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- Anwar Hossain, Narshimha Sattenapally, Stephanie DeLeon, Kendra Rambaugh, Hardin I Parikh, Nadezhda German. "Prevention of bacterial virulence by synthetic quorum sensing inhibitors". Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2016.
- Anwar Hossain, Narsimha Sattenapally, Hardik I. Parikh, Nadezhda German. "Inactivation of P.Aeruginosa Virulence through PqsR Pathway". Fourteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC, Amarillo, TX; June 2015.
- Anwar Hossain, Hardik Parikh, Nadezhda German. "Inactivation of P.aeruginosa virulence through PqsR pathway". Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2015.
- 04/12/2017 "Gliotoxin: Review on synthetic challenges"
- 03/09/2016 "PqsR Inhibitors: A Peace Offering"
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Junior Graduate Student Category, Fifteenth Annual Research Week, TTUHSC SOP, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo – 2015-present
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists – 2015-present
- American Chemical Society – 2015-present
- American Association for the Advancement of Science – 2015-present