Srinidhi Jayaraman completed her BTech degree in Biotechnology from Anna University, Chennai, India, in 2011. She worked as a Project Assistant at the Department of Nanobiotechnology in Sankara Nethralaya, one of the leading eye hospital chains in India, before joining the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in May 2014. Srinidhi is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Vardan Karamyan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- BTech: Biotechnology, Anna University, India, 2011
Evaluating the role of neurolysin in stroke using pharmacological and pathophysiological studies.
- Alamri FF, Shoyaib AA, Biggers A, Jayaraman S, Guindon J. and Karamyan VT. Applicability of the grip strength and automated von Frey tactile sensitivity tests in the mouse photothrombotic model of stroke. Behav Brain Res. 2018 Jan 15;336:250-255.
- Naomi J. Wangler, Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, Ulrich Bickel, Vardan T. Karamyan. Preparation and preliminary characterization of recombinant neurolysin for in vivo studies. J Biotechnol. 2016 Sep 20;234:105-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2016.07.007. Epub 2016 Aug 2.
- Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Naomi J. Wangler, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, David A. Ostrov, and Vardan T. Karamyan. "Discovery of Small Molecule Allosteric Activators of Peptidase Neurolysin". American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, San Diego, CA; November 2017.
- Podium Presentation: Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Naomi J. Wangler, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, David A. Ostrov, Vardan T. Karamyan. “Allosteric Potentiation of Endopeptidase Neurolysin.” Fifteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Naomi J. Wangler, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, David A. Ostrov, Vardan T. Karamyan. Allosteric Potentiation of Peptidase Neurolysin by Small Molecules." Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School in Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2016.
- 11/01/2017 "Do peptidases play a role in the pathophysiology of ischemic stroke – an investigational study"
- 10/12/2016 "Studying the Secretory Mechanism of Neurolysin" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation]
- 09/02/2015 "Discovering Small Molecule Modulators for Endopeptidase Neurolysis (Hiking Toward Galaxies)"
- AAPS Student Chapter Travel Award, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, San Diego, CA; November 2017.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2014 - present