Srinidhi Jayaraman completed her BTech degree in Biotechnology from Anna University, Chennai, India, in 2011. She worked as a Project Assistant at the Department of Nanobiotechnology in Sankara Nethralaya, one of the leading eye hospital chains in India, before joining the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in May 2014. Srinidhi is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Vardan Karamyan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- BTech: Biotechnology, Anna University, India, 2011
Evaluating the role of neurolysin in stroke using pharmacological and pathophysiological studies.
Naomi J. Wangler, Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, Ulrich Bickel, Vardan T. Karamyan. Preparation and preliminary characterization of recombinant neurolysin for in vivo studies. J Biotechnol. 2016 Sep 20;234:105-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2016.07.007. Epub 2016 Aug 2.
- Podium Presentation: Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Naomi J. Wangler, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, David A. Ostrov, Vardan T. Karamyan. “Allosteric Potentiation of Endopeptidase Neurolysin.” Fifteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- Srinidhi Jayaraman, Rui Zhu, Naomi J. Wangler, Yehia Mechref, Thomas J. Abbruscato, David A. Ostrov, Vardan T. Karamyan. Allosteric Potentiation of Peptidase Neurolysin by Small Molecules." Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School in Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2016.
- 10/12/2016 "Studying the Secretory Mechanism of Neurolysin" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation]
- 09/02/2015 "Discovering Small Molecule Modulators for Endopeptidase Neurolysis (Hiking Toward Galaxies)"
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2014 - present