Shoyaib, Abdullah Al
Abdullah Al Shoyaib completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) degree from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2014, and his Master of Pharmacy degree in 2015 at the same University. He joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in August of 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Vardan Karamyan with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2015
- BPharm: Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2014
Stroke Recovery after Ischemic Stroke, Therapeutic Intervention after Ischemic Stroke for Motor Recovery, Optimizing Therapeutic Intervention for Maximum Motor Recovery.
- Alamri FF, Shoyaib AA, Biggers A, Jayaraman S, Guindon J. and Karamyan VT. Applicability of the grip strength and automated von Frey tactile sensitivity tests in the mouse photothrombotic model of stroke. Behav Brain Res. 2018 Jan 15;336:250-255.
- Abdullah Al Shoyaib, Faisal F. Alamri, Abbie Biggers, Srinidhi Jayaraman, Fakhrul Ahsan, Taslim A. Al-Hilal, Vardan T. Karamyan. "Exercise-Dependent Upregulation of Angiogenic Proteins and Motor Function Recovery after Photothrombotic Stroke in Mice". Seventeenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2018.
- Abdullah Al Shoyaib, Faisal F. Alamri, Abbie Biggers, Srinidhi Jayaraman, Vardan T. Karamyan. "Combined AICAR and GW501516 Therapy Promotes Motor Recovery After Photothrombotic Stroke in Mice". American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, International Stroke Conference, Houston, TX; February 2017.
- 11/01/2017 "Long-Acting Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) to Promote Motor Recovery Through Exercise After Ischemic Stroke in Mice" [Oral Qualifying Exam, public presentation, counted as Seminar credit]
- 03/15/2017 "Targeting AMPK and PPARδ to Promote Exercise-Mediated Recovery After Ischemic Stroke in Mice"
Before Admission to GPPS:
- National Science and Technology Fellowship for MPharm thesis research in the field of Medical Sciences, 2014.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo – Treasurer, 2017-2018.
- Inter-Professional Ambassadors- Historian, 2017-2018.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo – Student Senate Representative, 2016-2017.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2015-present.