Ali Sifat completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2012 and his Master of Pharmacy in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology in 2013 from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He worked on the Pharmacogenetics of Lung Cancer as his master’s thesis. Mr. Sifat joined the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences as a PhD student in Spring 2015, and is presently working in the laboratory of Dr. Thomas Abbruscato with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- MPharm: Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2013
- BPharm: Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2012
Neuropharmacology, blood-brain barrier, stroke, diabetes, opioid receptors and stroke neuroprotection.
- Sifat AE, Vaidya B, Abbruscato TJ. Blood-Brain Barrier Protection as a Therapeutic Strategy for Acute Ischemic Stroke. AAPS J. 2017 Jul;19(4):957-972.
- Kaisar MA, Villalba H, Prasad S, Liles T, Sifat AE, Sajja RK, Abbruscato TJ, Cucullo L. Offsetting the impact of smoking and e-cigarette vaping on the cerebrovascular system and stroke injury: Is Metformin a viable countermeasure? Redox Biol. 2017 Jun 17;13:353-362.
- Ali Ehsan Sifat, Bhuvaneshwar Vaidya and Thomas J. Abbruscato. "Nicotine & E-Cigarette Exposure Alters Brain Glucose Utilization and Stroke Outcome". Sixteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo TX; June 2017.
- Podium Presentation: Ali E. Sifat, Bhuvaneshwar Vaidya, Heidi Villalba, Mohammad A. Kaisar, Luca Cucullo, Thomas J. Abbruscato. "E-Cigarette Exposure Alters Brain Glucose Utilization and Stroke Outcome". American Heart Association/American Stroke Association International Stroke Conference, Houston, TX; February 2017.
- Ali Ehsan Sifat, Kaushik Shah, Thomas Abbruscato. “Effects of Nicotine on Brain Glucose Utilization: Potential Impact of E-Cigarette Use.” Fifteenth Annual Research Days, TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX; June 2016.
- Ali Sifat, Kaushik Shah, Thomas J. Abbruscato. “Validation of an acute brain slice model to study the effects of nicotine on brain glucose utilization: Potential impact of e-cigarette use.” Student Research Week, TTUHSC Graduate School in Biomedical Sciences, Lubbock, TX; March 2016.
- 04/19/2017 "Nicotine & E-Cigarette Exposure Alters Brain Glucose Utilization and Stroke Outcome"
- 03/30/2016 "Effects of Nicotine on Brain Glucose Utilization: Investigation of E-Cigarette Use"
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo – Historian, 2016-2017.
- Graduate Student Association at Amarillo, 2015-present