Prerequisites for Cedar Valley College (see Dallas CCCD)

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** see DCCCD 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** see DCCCD 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** see DCCCD 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) see DCCCD 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) see DCCCD 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) see DCCCD (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see DCCCD see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.