Prerequisites for Rice University

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 201 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 202 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 324/318 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 121/123 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 122/124 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 211 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 212/215 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** 201 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** 112 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** STAT 305 (preferred), STAT 280, or PSYC 339 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** 125 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** HUMA 201 or 308 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) 100 or 103 or 121AP 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) 103 or 201 or 122AP 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) any lit. (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see * see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.