Prerequisites for New Mexico State University

Prerequisites do not have to be completed prior to application. Your School's Course Number Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS)
Biology I with lab for Majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 111G/111L 1406
Biology II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 211G/211L 1407
Microbiology with Lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 221/221L or 311/311L 2420 or 2421
Chemistry I with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 115 (preferred) or 111/112/217 1411
Chemistry II with lab for majors (3-4 hrs.)*** 116 (preferred) or 111/112/217 1412
Organic Chemistry I with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 313 2423
Organic Chemistry II with lab (3-4 hrs.)*** 314 & 315 2425
Economics (macro preferred) (3 hrs.)*** 251G 2301 or 2302
Calculus I (3-4hrs.)*** 191 2413
Statistics (central tendency, significance, & correlation required) (3 hrs.)*** 271 1342
Physics I with lab(non-calculus based or calculus based) (3-4 hrs.)*** 211/211L 1401
Public Speaking (oral presentations required)*** 253G 1315
If you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university prior to entrance into Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, you will be exempt from the following courses:
English Comp I (3 hrs.) 111G 1301
English Comp II (3 hrs.) 112G 1302
Literature (3 hrs.) any lit. (2322-2333)
Humanities/Social Sciences (15 hrs.)* see * see*
* Humanities/Social Sciences: Courses may be selected from Anthropology, Communications (excluding Public Speaking above), Economics (excluding Economics above), Ethnic Studies, Family Living/Human Development, Geography, Government, History, Journalism, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. --- Note: Performing and Fine Arts (including Music), Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Computers, Religion, or similar courses will not meet this requirement.
**Must take course at another college
***Used in calculation of the pre-pharmacy grade point average (PPGPA)
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, and Dual Credit are accepted if on your accredited U.S. college or university transcript.
Courses older than seven years require approval.
Course numbers are subject to change and may differ from those listed.